The Zillertal is renowed as a destination for sporty and active winter holidays. There are also lots of hidden idylls and peaceful corners for restful days. You can enjoy plenty of activities off the piste, such as snowshoe hiking in the winter landscape, taking a horse-drawn sleigh ride or going shopping along Mayrhofen’s shopping mile.
Cross country skiing
Relaxation for body, mind and soul
Winter in the Mayrhofen-Hippach holiday region is multi-facetted and, in addition to the snow-sure pistes, offers perfectly groomed cross country skiing trails. The trails at Burgsschrofen in Schwendau near the Burgstallschrofen chapel are a dream come true for cross country ski enthusiasts of all ages. Altogether there are four routes in this area for sprinting and skating, three of which are floodlit in the evenings:
- Burgschrofen Marathon Trail (only partially floodlit)
- Burgschrofen Profile Trail
- Burgschrofen Sprint Trail
- Burgschrofen Genuß (Pleasure) Trail
When snow depths reach 25 cm or more, the following cross country trails will be tracked and prepared in the holiday region: Moser Trail, Schwendau Trail, Ginzling Trail, Durster Trail, Burgstall Trail, Ramsau Trail, Strasser Trail, Hochstegen Trail, Edenlehen Trail.
Riding & Sleigh Rides
The greatest holiday happiness on earth is sitting in the saddle of a horse...
You can ride on horseback through the countryside or take a romantic sleigh ride. A horse drawn sleigh ride through the Mayrhofen Hippach holiday resort in Zillertal could be the high point of your holiday.
Ice skating is great fun for the whole family. There is an artificial ice skating rink in the Mayrhofen-Hippach holiday region in Zillertal equipped with an ice rink and two curling lanes (groups should register in advance please) in the centre of Mayrhofen.
- Adults: € 4.50*/€ 5.50, Young persons: (16-18 y.): € 3.50, Children: (6-15 y.): € 2.50 ( * with guest card)
- Season ticket: € 55,-- adult/ € 38,-- young person/ € 33,-- children
- Ice skate hire: € 3.50 adult/ € 2.50 young person/ € 2.50 children
Contact: Eislaufplatz Mayrhofen, Waldbadstraße, 6290 Mayrhofen, Tel.: +43 5285 64000-20
Fearless mountain enthusiasts will discover countless ice waterfalls for ice climbing in the Mayrhofen Hippach region and in the rest of Zillertal. With expert guidance, you too can learn to master the technique of ice climbing and take part in various guided tours. Guides in the resort make sure there are tours offered in every level of difficulty.
- Actionclub Zillertal - Tel.: +43 52 62977
- Alpinschule Mountain Sports - Tel.: +43 664 3120266
- Natur Sport - Tel.: +43 676 3070000
- ROCKnSNOW Tel.: +43 664 4065650
- Zillertal Alpin - Tel.: +43 5285 63258
- www.alpine-guiding.at - Tel.: +43 664 3508660
The ultimate thrill with a bird's eye view...
It is possible to fly all year round in Zillertal - be it flying solo or as a tandem passenger with an experienced pilot. Go to tandem flight providers...
Paragliding is a thrilling alternative to skiing in winter, where participants enjoy a fascinating vantage point in the safe hands of an experienced tandem pilot. Information on launch and landing sites for paragliders and hang gliders...
Great climbing fun can be enjoyed at the boulder hall in Mayrhofen in all weathers.
- circa 120m² climbing surface
- height: 3,5 m
- roof climbing area
- angle of incline of the walls from circa 10.5° to 50°
- 1300 grips
- 30 cm thick safety mats
- colour co-ordinated climbing routes